Salem Health’s Human Resources team is currently seeking an experienced and talented Sr. HR Business Partner to join their team!
As the Sr. HR Business Partner you will be responsible for providing strategic HR guidance for various departments within the organization. You will serve as an internal resource for leaders as a partner for organizational and business development, operations, and people issues. You will also collaborate with other members of the HR team and Senior Leadership to develop and implement key strategies and initiatives to meet business objectives.
In addition, you will also monitor and administer practices to ensure customer departments comply with FLSA, Wage & Hour, FMLA, OFLA, ADA, EEOC, ERISA, JCAHO and all other applicable Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations that pertain to HR management.
Core Job Functions:
- Serves as a consultative business partner and change agent to assigned customer groups related to various key initiatives on an ongoing basis, with particular emphasis on people issues. Maintains a thorough understanding of the business and critical success factors in assigned customer groups and proactively partners with departments to ensure smooth implementations, transitions and communications within assigned areas.
- Consults, advises and makes recommendations with all levels of management on tactical and strategic HR related matters including employee relations, terminations, performance management, organizational development, redeployment, compensation, training and talent Continually monitors the “pulse” of employees groups within assigned departments; identifies and facilitates interventions as needed to ensure employee satisfaction and retention. Partners with appropriate members of the HR team (HR Consultants, Recruiters, compensation, etc.) to accomplish outcomes that align with organization objectives while being consistent with organizational processes.
- Monitors other practices to ensure customer departments comply with FLSA, Wage & Hour, FMLA, OFLA, ADA, EEOC, ERISA, JCAHO, and applicable Federal, State and local laws, rules and any other regulations that pertain to HR management. Works in partnership with HR Consultant to ensure management of leave of absences, including related documentation and correspondence. Assists in customer groups and assigned HR Consultant in resolution of return to work issues, ADA accommodation issues and attendance issues, as needed.
- Identify and offer solutions for programs and processes that require modification or improvement. Participate in finding resolutions and/or program development that result in simplification of processes within HR and for customers.
- Investigate complex technical and people issues in the workplace that require critical thinking and problem resolution for all level of Hospital employees. Assist managers and employees with conflict and problem resolution, providing unbiased assistance in corrective action situations and ensuring fair treatment. Responds to BOLI or legal claims, as needed.
- Implement s new and/or revised HR policies and/or programs and provide appropriate education on HR policies and programs to ensure consistent application and administration of policy compliance.
- Assists in the coordination, development and/or delivery of training to leadership on various HR related topics, including but not limited to: new manager orientation, leave of absence/work comp/ADA, performance management, wage and hour laws, job descriptions, performance reviews, etc. Works with customer groups to identify training needs and partners with internal and external resources to meet those needs. Provides leadership coaching as needed.
- Develops peer relationships with HR staff in all areas, involving appropriate co-workers in research and analysis of programs and organizational impact; accesses input to improve processes and gain knowledge of other functional areas; demonstrates understanding of and appreciation for the contributions of co-workers.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional level experience in Human Resource Department, with sufficient experience in employee relations, conducting investigations, and problem solving required.
- Previous HR Business Partner and Organizational Development/Leadership Training experience preferred.
- Experience in a health care environment desirable.
- SPHR/PHR certification through SHRM desirable.
Special knowledge, skills, & abilities
- Working knowledge of laws, acts, and regulations governing Human Resources practices and activities.
- Must have excellent analytical/research skills and the ability to make critical judgments based on information in sensitive employee relation areas to achieve resolution of moderately complex issues within legal constraints and a consistent application of organizational policies.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills required.
- Must have effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills in working with all levels of employees.
- Must be able to orally present information in group settings and be able to create and edit written materials in a variety of formats.
If you have any questions about this position please contact Sr. Recruiter – Taylor Hermes (Taylor.Hermes@salemhealth.org)